509 W. Mann St., Glennville GA 30427
Updated On : December 11, 2018
"A Church that Serves as a Lighthouse to the Community"
What We Believe
1. We believe the whole Bible from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21, as the verbally inspired and infallible Word of God.
2. We believe Jesus Christ was born of Mary the Virgin, and is the Son of God, and God the Son.
3. We believe that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, the Just for the unjust that He might bring us to God.
4. We believe that He rose from the grave the third day according to the Scriptures.
5. We believe that He, only, is the great High Priest, and we need not the intercession of any man, but that Christ ever liveth to make intercession for us.
6. We believe that Christ will come again in Person, bodily, visibly, to establish His Kingdom on the earth.
7. We believe that in order to be saved, the soul must be born again - "Ye Must Be Born Again."
8. We believe that every truly born again soul should declare his faith by the act of baptism (immersion in water) setting forth the Lord's death, burial and resurrection.
9. We believe that the church is a body of baptized believers whose only mission is, not to "reform the world," but to preach and teach the Gospel of salvation to the individual soul.
Our Church Covenant
Having been led, as we believe, by the Spirit of God, to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Saviour and on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, we do now in the presence of God, angels, and this assemble, most joyfully enter into covenant with one another, as one body in Christ.
We engage therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian love; to strive for the advancement of this Church; in knowledge, holiness and comfort; to promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline and doctrines; to give it a sacred pre-eminence over all institutions of human origin; to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the Church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the Gospel through all nations.
We also engage to maintain family and secret devotions; to religiously educate our children; the seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances; to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements and exemplary in our deportment; to avoid all tattling, backbiting, and excessive anger; to abstain from the sale and use of intoxicating drinks as a beverage and to be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Saviour.
We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember each other in prayer; to aid each other in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech; to be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation, and mindful of the rule of our Saviour to secure it without delay.
We moreover, engage that when we remove from this place we will as soon as possible unite with some other Church, where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God's Word.